Expat health insurance in Spain

Get coverage for your visa or TIE card in less than 2 minutes.


What is expat health insurance?

Expat health insurance (sometimes referred to as “incoming insurance”) is a great solution for your first years in Spain. It’s good, affordable coverage that fulfills the legal requirements for obtaining your tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE card), visa or temporary residence permit.


Who is expat health insurance for?

Visa seekers & New arrivals

We provide proof of payment and written confirmation that the health insurance meets the visa requirements (stamped and signed) that can be used for the visa application.

Digital nomads & Freelancers

This covers expats and freelancers who don’t yet or don’t seek full-time employment in Spain.


Enrolled in a university, coding program or language school? We have some plans made for students in Spain.

Not working & Retirees

You are currently not working or have decided to retire in Spain? We have a plan that is made for you.

What type of visas and residents permits is this insurance valid for?

Our insurance is approved and certified by the local authorities

Digital nomad visa

Student & Au-pair visa

Investment visa

Non-lucrative visa

Tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE card) first application

Tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE card) renewal

Simple, transparent pricing

Always know what you'll pay

Students &
Digital nomads &
Retirees &
Not working
Retirees &
Not working
60€ for students over 35 years oldUnder 65 years oldBetween 65 & 74 years old
Visa/TIE card-compliant coverage for Spain
Get your certificate within 24 hours
Coverage for up to 5 years in all Europe
Cancel anytime, no questions asked
Rated 4.9/5 on Trustpilot
Get coveredGet coveredGet coveredGet covered

What’s covered?

Expat health insurance offers medical coverage for when you need it most.

Accidents and emergencies

Our plans cover unexpected medical treatments and procedures, as well as associated follow-up costs.


If an unforeseen illness requires you to take medication prescribed by a doctor, this is covered.

Ambulance transport

If you are injured or have health problems that require you to be transported by an ambulance to a medical facility as an inpatient, your costs will be covered.


In particularly serious cases, your insurance covers your return to your home country for treatment or in case of fatality, for burial.

Dental treatment

If you need to see a dentist, pain relief treatments are covered up to €500/year. Tooth replacement after an accident is also covered up to €500.

EU-wide coverage

With Expat insurance you can rest assured that your coverage extends to all EU countries, in case you decide to travel outside of Spain.

What our customers say about us

5 / 5

Very good and quick solution for expats to find an insurance. Feather helps me with my language barrier and cleared up confusions that I had about the insurance I bought. Their staffs response very quickly with all the information that I needed.

Jomjam Yw
5 / 5

Amazing solution for expats! It was simple, easy and useful! I did it myself and in less than 24h I had the confirmation. All in english! ❤️ I recommend it to everyone who needs a insurance to apply for a visa without complications and still wants a good coverage.


Ready to get started today?

Get a quote now or schedule a video call with us if you have some questions

Frequently asked questions